Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Moving Weekend!

Kahlua's all packed up and ready to go!

This past weekend I had a lot of help moving all my crap to the new place! :) On Saturday I borrowed my boss' truck and my friend Todd met me at the new place and helped me take a load of stuff to the dump. It was mainly the carpet and underlayment that Stan and I ripped up when I first got the keys to the house, but also the sheetrock and studs and other assorted trash items from knocking down that wall. We also took all of the paint cans and garden poisons that the seller left in the garage (because he's such a nice guy) to the hazardous waste place. It was a lot of fun pitching the trash into that big pile of garbage, but man did it stink!

The truck piled high for the dump

When the trip to the dump was finished, Todd, Stan, Leslie and Nick all helped with a couple of trips moving all the big stuff in the truck to the house from the apartment, then Stan helped with a couple more trips in my car for some smaller boxes. I also took yesterday off and did a few trips by myself. I have come to the conclusion that I have too much stuff! :P

Yesterday I also got my appliances delivered! The refrigerator is already up and running, but the range and dishwasher will just be boxed up in the living room until they're ready to install. I also got a quote to install a gas line for my range...man, the expenses keep piling up! Oh yes, and the flooring guys were finally re-pouring the concrete footings too...it was a busy day yesterday at the house!

All shiny and new!
It's like an appliance wharehouse in here

Yesterday I also set up the bedroom so it's nice and ready for me to pass out later tonight :) I took advantage of my last day of TV by watching a lot of Olympics coverage (yay volleyball!) and slowly cleaning the apartment...I hate cleaning, have I ever mentioned that? It kind of came to a point where I was like "screw this" and just did a half-ass job. If they take money out of my deposit to clean it more thoroughly, it will be worth it to me!

Last night was my final night sleeping in the apartment...boy am I going to miss it! I had a lot of good memories there, and I will miss being able to walk pretty much everywhere and having everything I could need within a close distance, but I know homeownership will be worth it...eventually at least! :)

Bye bye cute apartment!

Tonight I have class after work, so I won't be back to the apartment to get the last few things until pretty late. And then I'll have to wake up early tomorrow because I really don't know how the morning commute will go! This should be an interesting rest of the week... :)

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment