Monday, July 23, 2012

Wall-be-gone

The kitchen wall is officially all the way gone! Travis came over again on Saturday to rip out the studs and patch over the open spaces. Here's a progression of the tear down process:

Apparently I didn't take a normal "before" picture of just that wall...oops!

Minus the sheetrock

Minus the studs and partially patched!

It looks so open! I am super in love with how it turned out! Travis also showed me how to do the mud and tape stuff, which was really fun to learn. It will take me a while to master it but I'm up for the challenge!

Travis putting on the first coat - I sanded and put on the second coat on Sunday
Travis and Courtney's dog Guapo helped :)

While Travis was doing all that dirty work on Saturday, I primed most of the living room walls and ceilings, as well as the walls in the "master" bedroom and started on the bathroom. Here you can see why I need to prime every single surface of this house...I tried to capture the contrast between the primed parts and the non-primed parts of the wall:

That grime was EVERYWHERE on every wall and ceiling!

On Sunday I had an impromptu paint party! Regina, Erin and Matty came over and helped prime the second bedroom and paint the master...it looks really dark in the picture, and it's actually a bit darker than I pictured it would be but if I really hate it I can always paint it again! It's a purple-y mauve color, which I'm a big fan of, so hopefully I'll love it once it dries and I move all of my stuff in :) I figured I'd get my bedroom finished up before this next weekend so that once I'm totally moved in, I'll at least have the bedroom as a calm space in the house. I'll be needing to paint many more walls in the house so if you missed this party and want to help out, there will be plenty of more opportunities! :P

The paint crew!

Wednesday evening I plan on painting the base trim and possibly the window casings so the bedroom will be good to go by this weekend, and then Saturday will be the big moving day! Who wants to help? :D

-Megan

2 comments:

  1. Good luck this weekend! I hope it's not steamy like that weekend we moved you in a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete