Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekend

So, I didn't get as much done as I had hoped this weekend, but that's not a big surprise! I am about 5 minutes away from being finished pulling up the tack strips and staples from the floor (I had to get to a prior engagement, otherwise that would have been done by now!)

On Saturday, my boss' son Josh came over to help take all the appliances for scrap. He loaded everything up in the truck and drove all the way to the place, only to find that they closed early on Saturdays :( He decided to bring everything back to my place and just stash them all in the carport until today (Monday). He said he'd come back and pick everything up and try again! In the meantime, my house looks like a junkyard haha! I felt really bad because it looked like a lot of work getting all those huge appliances in and out of the truck, and now he has to do it again...poor guy. Well, here's hoping it all goes well today!


The truck all loaded up with scrap appliances

Oh, when we moved the range and refrigerator, there was a dead mouse under each of them :( Gah, I'm constantly flabbergasted by how disgustingly unclean the seller was! I took a picture of one of the mice, but I'll spare you all that visual :P

Josh also offered to hook up my new-to-me washer and dryer, but wouldn't you know it, the dryer had the wrong outlet for the plug! The outlet for a range and a dryer are very similar, but not the same. Somehow this guy bought a dryer with a range plug attached to it (?) and then had to switch the outlet to make it work I guess. Well, what that means for me is that I now have to switch the outlet back. So many little things to do!! I guess this is what owning a home is all about :P Since I'm nervous about doing any electrical work, my friend's husband is offering to come over and switch that out for me, what a gentleman! I'm going to observe just so I can perhaps tackle stuff like that if I run into it in the future.

I finally remembered to take a front of the house picture, but the neighbor's tree is shading it so it's pretty hard to see. When I get a chance I'll take a full sunlight photo!


Oooo shady! Notice the sexy junk in the carport...
  Next up: Wednesday after work and the gym, I'm planning on finishing that little last bit of the floor, washing the walls to prep for primer, and maybe starting on scraping the disgusting caulk from the tub surround and putting in some new stuff. Wee!

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment