Friday, July 6, 2012

Quick Update

I made my first big purchase today - a refrigerator! In case you don't know, all of the appliances in the house are....how do I put this nicely...pieces of shit! :) Like, you would want to wear rubber gloves if you had to touch any part of them. They're gross, old energy hogs and I can't wait to get rid of them! My boss' son is going to come over sometime in the next week or so and take them for scrap, and we'll split the money! Woo! I know that the kitchen in its entirety is going to take a long long time, and I can live without a range for a while (yay microwave) but I'll definitely need a refrigerator for the time being. I'm going to keep it in the garage until the cabinets are installed and I can move it into the kitchen.

In other news, the floor leveling is taking longer than planned...I guess that's normal with contracting out work like that, but it's still frustrating! I will be *really* glad when that's all over, especially because it's holding up some other projects.

On the menu for the weekend: finish pulling out all of the carpet staples and tack strips from the hardwoods, install the used washer and dryer I bought from my friends, and hopefully prime all the walls and ceilings! Wish me luck :)

-Megan

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are moving right along, Megan! Great work! Nice floors under that carpeting - are you going to refinish them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and yes! As soon as I'm finished ripping up the staples and tack strips, I'm going to rent a floor sander and then seal with polyurethane! I need to do that before I start moving in - eek!

    ReplyDelete