Thursday, July 26, 2012

Wowza

I didn't end up getting any work done on the house last night as planned, boo me, but I did do a little more packing at the apartment so at least it wasn't a total wash :) As I mentioned earlier, I ordered a vanity for the bathroom and I looked at the tracking status yesterday, which said it was set to be delivered on Friday. Well I checked the tracking status again today and it had been updated to say it was delivered yesterday!! I freaked out a little because they just left it outside the front door (that's what the website said) and I don't really know any of my neighbors yet, or exactly how safe the neighborhood is in that sense. So, I panicked and my boss just let me take the work truck this morning to drive over there.

Well thankfully, the workers were there who are leveling the floor. They told me they saw it there yesterday when they arrived and just brought it in the house so that was a big relief! It would have been nice if they would have emailed me or something to give me a heads up but whatever, at least it wasn't stolen :) I also got a look at the progress of the floor/foundation and got to ask some questions about the process. It looks super scary, but here's a pic of the side of the house where they removed the foundation so they could re-pour the footings:

woah!

At least if there's a major earthquake in the area my house will be incredibly sturdy! I'm hoping they finish up by Monday (which was the latest update...) so I won't have to deal with any of this while I'm actually living in the house. I guess we'll see!

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment