Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween & Kitchen Floor

Oh hi there! My first Halloween in my very first house was a success! All told, I only got about 25 trick-or-treaters, but I also got a surprise visit from Sarah, Brian and Brenden! I left work a little early to get the place ready...I wasn't sure how early the little kids would be coming by. I decided to rake the front lawn so no one slipped on all the wet leaves but about 60 seconds into it, my brand new rake snapped!

I guess I don't know my own strength!

I should probably splurge on a sturdier one anyways! Here's another pic of my front door decorations:

I think the spookiest thing is the gross screen door

I will say that I'm excited to get all these big projects out of the way so I can decorate a little better next year :) But I'm also VERY excited to decorate for Christmas! I'll need to decide if I want to go for white lights or multi-colored lights...so many decisions! :)

As per my kitchen renovation schedule, Stan helped me start laying down the vinyl tile on the kitchen floor yesterday! It started slow but we quickly got into a rhythm and got it almost all done:

Here we gooooo!
Mostly finished!

The most annoying part was that my fingers got sticky because of the strength of the adhesive on the backs of the tiles! It was hard to put down the spacers without them sticking to my hands, so Stan helped a lot with that part. He also pulled the backing off each tile for me because it was hard to do one-handed! I still need to finish all the tiles that need to be cut around the edges, plus a couple more rows on the other end of the kitchen (not pictured). I plan on doing that tonight & tomorrow night...hopefully all tonight but I know how frustrated I'll get :) And then at the very latest I'll grout the tiles on Wednesday night! I'm trying to set up the gas range conversion/hookup hopefully for late this week or early next week, and then I'll be cooking with gas! ;)

One last pic to share...Stan snapped this while Kahlua was keeping an eye on the neighbors:

Guard kitty!

Until next time!

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment