Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cabinets and Holiday Decorating!

Yay finally! The cabinets are installed! The bad news: I need to get a plumber in to actually adhere the sink to the cabinets as well as hook up the pipes and such, grrrr. So I have a range, refrigerator, cabinets and countertops, but still no running water and no dishwasher (yet). Someday I'll be able to use the kitchen! Well, a girl can hope :P They only sent one guy to do the assembly and installation, and he was at my place for 10 hours yesterday and got this far:


Lookin' alright so far!

I wasn't told it would take almost 2 entire days to do this, so I had to scramble and take all but 2 hours off work today, which I didn't want to do but oh well! Today he finished up, and it looks super nice! The cabinets are actually a white-washed birch, but they look plain white in the pictures...


The finished product with countertops and door handles

You can also see the toe-kick grate peeking out under the left side cabinet...that's where the re-routed heating duct comes out now. I have heat in the kitchen, woohoo!

This weekend Stan helped decorate for the holidays! You can see the tree in the background of the above picture, but here's a close up:


Sparkly!

This is my first "real" tree since I've lived on my own! I got my fake mini tree I think 9 years ago? And before that I pretty much lived in the dorms, so no trees there. Anyways, I'm really excited about it :) And I had accumulated so many ornaments over the years that it's not sparsely decorated at all!

The other big thing: I have lights on my house!!! I started putting them up but after a while I couldn't really reach the gutter because of my short t-rex arms, so I recruited Stan to help :)


My hero!

Pretty!

So far, I'm the only one on my block with lights...apparently I'm the only awesome person that lives there! Well, I'm not sure when I'll be able to get someone in to hook up the sink and dishwasher, but hopefully within the next couple of weeks...I'm dying over here! I need to cook!!

I still need to do quite a bit with the kitchen unfortunately...I still need to patch some of the cracked areas on the walls and ceiling, put in the baseboards, deal with the whole wall behind the sink, and much more :-/ While it feels good to have the cabinets in, it just kind of highlights how much *more* needs to be done! Oh well...it will all get done...eventually!

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment