Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Running Water!!

Yesterday I had a plumber come in (recommended by my friend John from the gym!) and he pretty much wrapped up all the loose ends and now I feel like I have a fully functioning house! He installed the kitchen sink, faucet, and dishwasher, and also installed the bathroom sink and faucet, and switched out the shower knob...which opened up a whole new can of worms *sigh* But! The important thing is I can COOK! And wash those dishes after I cook! And I don't have to go into the garage to wash my hands after I do my business! :)


Sink, faucet, & dishwasher


Other side of the kitchen with the fridge in its rightful place


Spice drawer!!

And now for the bathroom sink:


Yippeee!

I didn't really have any groceries at home so I haven't had a chance to break the kitchen in yet, but tonight I will make my very first home-cooked meal! I also haven't tried running the dishwasher yet...I need to read the manual! I've only ever lived with a dishwasher once for less than a year so I'm not entirely sure how they work :P I just know that it will make my life easier!

Okay, up ahead: prime, paint, backsplash and open shelving for the kitchen. I also think I'm going to re-paint my bedroom soon...lately it just seems too dark and heavy.

-Megan

P.S. Thanks to Wendy for taking the photos!

4 comments:

  1. MEGAN!!! Your house looks AMAZING! Wow. I can't believe how much you've gotten done already. (aka I really should get off my ass). Seriously WOW. -also this is Shauna. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! I am so excited to see it all in person. You're a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! I'm excited for you to see it too! :)

      Delete