Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Mmmm....Gas!


I had yesterday off for Veteran's Day, but some people were still working! The gas plumbers came in (albeit waaaaay later than they were supposed to, harumph) yesterday and ran a gas line from my furnace up through the kitchen floor, woo! I also took today off of work because the city inspector was going to come in, sign off on the plumbing, and then the guys would come back and hook up the range. BUT I got a call this morning from the gas plumbing company saying that the city inspectors needed to push me back to tomorrow (Wednesday). UGG!

I also had the cabinet delivery set up for this morning (9am - 1pm window) and also an electrician was supposed to come in between 12 and 1 to set up electrical for the dishwasher. As luck would have it, the electrician called saying that their morning job was going to take longer than they thought, and asked if they could come by tomorrow. So I said sure, why not, I have to be at home tomorrow now, so might as well!

Anywho, so as I was waiting for the cabinet delivery I painted the ceiling and trim in the bathroom (white), and then put another coat on the walls (grey), so tomorrow while I'm waiting for everyone to do their stuff I'm going to install the new curtain rod, curtain, towel rod, and toilet paper holder. I also still need to caulk around the base of the tub and toilet. So with that, the bathroom will be all done....except for the sink that is :)

The yellow line is brand spankin' new!

The line coming up through the floor in the kitchen

So anyways, I ended up coming in to work for a half day...I should save these vacation hours because something will inevitably be pushed back or go wrong again! Oh and another thing, I had quite the freak out because of the heat register in the kitchen that is all sorts of in the way of things. I called and a ductwork company is going to come out early Saturday morning to do some re-routing and eventually it will vent through one of the toekick's of a cabinet. Ugg, so much stuff! Here's hoping tomorrow run smoothly!

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment