Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Heating Duct Re-route

So I mentioned a couple posts back about setting up a re-route for the heating duct that was being obstructed by the range and one of the cabinets. Well, last Friday I called to confirm the tentative appointment for Saturday morning, only to find out that they couldn't actually do it after all. Thanks for wasting a week of my time, guys! Naturally, I panicked. I ended up calling another place that I just found via google and right off the bat they were incredibly nice and helpful! They had an opening at my lunch hour for a guy to come out and give a quote. So I busted my butt to get home and met the guy just in time! He was super nice, and actually the owner of the company. He said I reminded him of his daughter because she's around the same age and just bought her first home too! After discussing what I needed done, he told me the price, but I talked him down a bit, woohoo! And then we set up a time for one of his guys to come in on Monday (yesterday) while I was at work. I've been nervous to have anyone in the house without me there, but after meeting with him and finding out he does background checks and drug testing with his employees, I felt pretty good about it. So yeah, I think I lucked out because this was a good company that did good work and happened to have the time to fit me in exactly when I needed it on short notice (this needed to be done before the cabinet installation which is next Monday!)

So yes, all of that went smoothly, and I came home to this last night:


That's an inappropriate looking hole in my floor...

The air no longer comes out of where the grate is, so I could either take out the grate and patch the wall, or just leave it (which is easier...and free). The cabinet that goes directly on top of the new air pathway will get a grate in the toe kick, and I'll officially still have working heat in the kitchen, yay!

So I'm not sure what I'll get done this weekend...I do have Thanksgiving day off, but will be cooking and watching football all day at my friends' place (thanks Nick & Leslie!), and then I have to work on Friday, boo. Saturday is the Civil War (my school's rival football game, for those of you who don't know) and Sunday - weather permitting - I plan on putting up my very first Christmas lights ever!! :) Well, on the outside of my dwelling :) I got gutter clips and a couple of strands of colored outdoor LED bulbs. I'm very excited! I'm still debating whether or not to get a real tree this year, or just keep using my mini fake one. Thoughts?

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment