Thursday, November 15, 2012

Range is Installed!!!

Oh man, SOOOO happy! The range has finally been installed, yay! It's only been sitting in a box in my living room for about 3 and a half months! Wow...when I think about how long I've been putting this off it's kind of unsettling haha! Anyways, I ended up having to take all of yesterday off of work, but pretty much everything got done! The city inspector came at about 9:15 and it was a quick 5 minute approval. I was slightly nervous that they wouldn't approve it because I don't have a range hood (yet) but the guy didn't even mention that at all...the only thing he was concerned about was if I ever added another line (for a gas fireplace or outdoor barbecue or something) and that might be too much for what my little house could handle. Anyways, after the inspector came, the gas plumbing guys came back and installed the range! It's so dang pretty! And I'm not sure if you can tell,  but the left front burner is like a "super burner" that can boil water in 60 seconds or something crazy like that. I *cannot* wait to start cooking!! There is still the problem of not having a sink to wash dishes or countertops to prepare food on though... :P


I'm in love!


The electrician also came in to run a line for the dishwasher, and it ended up being more simple and taking less time than he thought it would, so I asked if he wouldn't mind also hooking up my new light fixture! Yay, one less thing for me to do...which is good since I don't know how to do that haha.


Wee!


The scale of the light looks a little off, but I could always add more track to it and more light heads as well. It's a heck of a lot better than what was there before though:


Kinda far away...I forgot to take a good pic before he started taking them down!


I was a little concerned that the little bulbs wouldn't be bright enough but they are plenty bright and I like how the light is directed where I want it instead of having the big weirdness that was there before :)

While all that work was being done, I concentrated on the bathroom! I replaced the shower curtain, curtain rod and rings, and painted the medicine cabinet white to match the rest of the trim (it was light wood before):


I plan on replacing the light fixture at some point...


And I added a towel bar, for which I had to buy my very first drill so I could install it! :) I also replaced the dingy heat grate and got a little tiny door stopper...it's so cute!


*sigh* The nail heads in that trim are killing me!

And not pictured: I replaced the toilet paper holder because it was gross and the edges were still caked in the old yellow paint, and I caulked around the base of the tub and the base of the toilet. Even though I still don't have a sink, the bathroom actually feels complete haha. At least now that the bathroom is pretty much fully done (for what I can do, anyways!) I can move on to the spare room or the living room while the kitchen is still being finished. Yay progress!

Oh! And also, I've gotten compliments on the kitchen floor from all 6 of the guys that came in to do work over the last few days! They all couldn't believe it was vinyl tile, and they all asked how I did it and where I got the stuff. Awesome!! :D

-Megan

2 comments:

  1. Holy schneikies, Batman! That is quite a range!!! Your floors look amazing. Also, they will be warmer and softer on dropped dishes than "real" tile (I drop a lot of dishes, so I really appreciate that). I can't wait to see how the cabinets look! What are you doing? What kind of counter tops are you going for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) That's a good point I never thought of about how the softer floor will cushion any dropped items...very nice! I'll be making a post about the cabinets shortly, stay tuned! :)

      Delete