Tuesday, August 14, 2012

No More Carport!

Another big thing that happened this weekend...I got rid of that eyesore of a carport! I offered it to my boss because 1. I just wanted it gone, 2. I didn't want to deal with removing it myself or having someone I didn't know remove it, and 3. he's been very lenient and generous with time off when it came to dealing with the house.

Him and his son came by on Saturday to remove it and it just looks so much better without it! I met 2 new neighbors on Saturday who said the carport had been there for about 14 years and it was just weird to see the house without it. They also informed me that the "bonus room" in the garage was built there by the 1st owners of the house because they didn't have a car so they built this room to utilize the garage for other things I guess. When the seller I bought the house from moved in, he just put up the carport instead of removing the "bonus room". I plan on doing that too, but probably not until the kitchen is all taken care of!

Before
After!

And probably the *best* part is that spiders won't be able to weave their webs between the metal poles anymore! Take that, nature!

-Megan

2 comments:

  1. Looking good. I wonder how much it protected the car from that damn sticky tree though? My truck was coated with that stuff after a week there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh good question...I think because you were parked right under it, that had something to do with it. I would take the sticky tree over spiderwebs any day though :P

      Delete