Monday, August 13, 2012

Bathroom floors...yet again!

Last Thursday, Matty was able to come in and put this floor leveler stuff over the plywood to make it even with the non-rotted plywood leftover from the original floor so it would be ready for the vinyl tile.

Smoooooooth

I then proceeded to lay out the tile in an acceptable pattern on the living room floor...

Dance floor!

And after measuring where I should start the tiles, I started to apply them to the bathroom floor:


I didn't get the whole thing done :( I went as far as the edges that needed straight cuts, but when I got to my first notched cut I screwed it up and then gave up :P I did put the tiles down that go underneath the toilet though, and Matty came back to install that for me! What a gem!


I have a toilet again!!

It's so pretty, and flushes so well! All told, I was without a toilet from last Sunday afternoon through this past Saturday afternoon. I dealt with it by being away from the house as much as possible, holding it through the night until I got to work in the morning, and then as a last resort...bucket. I'm not proud of that but what are you gonna do? :P

I got so frustrated with cutting the special notches out of some of those tiles that the floor is still unfinished, but I'm making it a point to finish that this week! Once the floor is fully finished, I still need to caulk around the toilet and where the tile meets the base of the tub, then I'll get some new base trim and install that. And hopefully Matty will be able to come back and install my new sink! For now, teeth brushing happens in the kitchen :P I was also able to take my first shower at home this morning, after 2 weeks of living in the place! I definitely need to replace the showerhead, and eventually the whole apparatus because turning the water on and off is really difficult. Oh yes, and I should finish priming/painting the walls...the pee yellow color is really getting to me!

-Megan

1 comment: