Monday, September 10, 2012

Bathroom Floor - FINISHED!

Wow, this project took WAY too long for how simple it ended up being. I started putting the last tiles in on Tuesday night, got frustrated, but finished it up yesterday! The tool that Travis let me borrow was a huge help, but it was still slow going on those funky pieces...trying to fit it, cutting off a bit, trying to fit it, cutting off a bit, over and over until each piece finally fit!

All the tiles are finally down!

Next was installing the new baseboards to cover up that grossness that you see above.


Putting on the adhesive

I used a corner block in the only corner of the bathroom because I didn't want to deal with mitering the baseboards, but it's behind the toilet so it doesn't look too terrible (at least I think!)


Don't worry, I'll paint the corner block to match!

And now, we have the other side of the bathroom...where the wall (I think??) is crooked. The baseboard did NOT want to stick with only the adhesive. It kept bowing out in the middle so Stan and I would push on it and then the sides would bow out. I tried using these little nails that I had to keep it stuck but they weren't long enough, so I ended up pounding in these huge nails left over from when Matty and Travis fixed the rotted floor. End result: ugliness :( I was planning on just painting over it, but now I may just rip the whole thing out and install a new piece of baseboard...grr, it wasn't the cheapest though.


Totally awesome

Well, I don't know how I'm going to handle that just yet, but hopefully Matty will be able to help me install the sink sometime this week (yay!) and I may need to recruit Wendy and Adam for painting when they're in town this weekend :D It's coming together slowly but surely!

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment