Monday, October 29, 2012

Finally Starting on the Kitchen Floor

With some much needed prodding and help from Stan, I started on the kitchen floor this weekend! After moving the refrigerator into the living room, this is what we had to work with:

Barfy!

After ripping up all the curled ends of the existing vinyl, we added some floor filler to even out the ragged edges:


Slightly less barfy?

There was one particularly nasty corner that we had to use putty on as well:


Now that just plain looks like barf.

I won't lie, I was having a hard time with this...I got very frustrated because it wasn't doing exactly what I wanted it to do...but I guess that's normal with stuff like this right!? Thanks to Travis though, I learned how to use a trowel properly, so it wasn't a complete disaster! That floor stuff had to cure for 24 hours before I could put the tile down, so we didn't go any farther than that this weekend. I may try to start laying down the tile this week (as opposed to waiting for the weekend) but I have a busy week ahead so we'll see how that goes :)

In other news, I'm really excited for Halloween!! This will be my first time ever living in a house during Halloween, which I hope means lots of trick-or-treaters will come knocking at my door! I'm all stocked up with candy, and I'm going to try to get off work early to make sure I'm home early enough for the tiny kids coming by. Yay!

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment